Bee House Pour Over
Bee House has been making fine ceramic kitchen products since 1980. Their pour overs, or drippers as they call them, are high quality, durable and priced very reasonably. When we decided we wanted to offer a pour over brewer, we looked at lots of different manufacturers and landed on the Bee House Dripper for several reasons:
- They're high quality and durable
- Attractive and come in a variety of colors
- Use your own filter - no need to buy manufacturer's proprietary filters (#2 or #4 cone filters, we recommend Melitta filters which are available at most grocery stores)
- They're simple to use - the small brew holes make it easy to pour
- Top view allows you to see how full your mug is getting so you don't overfill
- Clean up is easy
- They're reasonably priced - makes a great gift!
- They make a darn good cup of coffee!
So Why Pour Overs?
If you're new to pour overs, it has quickly become one of the preffered methods of brewing high quality coffee and in fact, some coffee shops will ONLY brew pour overs on demand per customer. Pour over coffee is clean, crisp and gives the brewer control over all the variables of the brewing process: water temperature, immersion time, pre-wetting, pre-infusion time, ect. However, some types are easier to use than others, which is why we like the Bee House. It's pretty fool proof, while still allowing you control over the brewing process, which means you can experiment to find your favorite brew method (coffee geek alert). Check out our primer on brewing with the Bee House Dripper to get you started. All you need is a hot water kettle, coffee and #2 or #4 cone filters!
Check out our video for a full guide on brewing with the Bee House: